Jailbreak iPhone 4 4.2.1 is a common search topic on the web and it has gained some popularity over the last few months. To some people, the idea of jailbreaking a phone doesn’t sound too appealing.
Maybe it’s because people don’t understand what this process is and the benefits that anyone would receive by doing this. This article will try to piece a bit of the puzzle together and provide some possible answers for you. Finally, it will show you how to properly do this on your phone.
Jailbreaking is a way of changing the read/write access of your iPhone. By default, it is locked which will allow Apple to define what products can or can’t be installed on your iPhone. Many companies do this as a way to prevent people from being able to install software that is not authorized by Apple. When you decide to jailbreak or open the access to your iPhone, you are generally activating the phone such that you will be able to access certain key functions that will actually add more value to your phone. Some examples include:
- You have access to alternative software – The Apple Online store is probably one of the most popular sites right now when it comes to purchasing and installing software. The applications that you can download from this site are quite simply amazing. Though the software found here is great, not all useful applications make it on their store. Some software developers create some amazing apps and then submit it to Apple for permission to sell it on their site. Unfortunately, for various reasons, some apps get rejected. Some of these applications then make it to alternative stores that will allow you to download it, but to install these applications; you will need to jailbreak your iPhone.
- You can have the option to customize – One of the nice things about having an electronic communication device these days is that you have the ability to customize the look of the home screen. On the iPhone, however, you are limited and the only way to do this is to download an alternative program that will allow you to customize the look of the main menu.
- You can select an alternative GSM carrier – In the US, when you get an iPhone, you are limited to using AT&T as the main GSM carrier. The only problem with this is that not everyone likes or wants to use AT&T as a carrier. It’s all about having choices, when you buy a phone and are limited to only using one carrier, then it limits you. When you jailbreak a phone, you enable the feature that will allow you to choose virtually any GSM carrier of your choice.
Enabling the powerful features on your iPhone
You’ve now seen some powerful examples of what jailbreaking your iPhone can do for you. The next step now is to figure out how you can do this. It’s really not that hard to do this, but you will obviously need to have a computer, an iPhone and access to the internet. The steps provided below are for the PC, if you have a Mac, the steps are probably the same.
1. Go to your computer and open your iTunes application. Check to make sure you have the latest version installed on your computer.
2. Check the firmware installed on your iPhone. It should be the latest 3.0 firmware.
3. Go back to your computer and make sure to connect to the internet.
4. On your desktop, make sure to make a new folder.
5. You will need to download a Jailbreak utility for the iPhone and save it in the new folder.
6. You will also need to download and install the latest firmware for your iPhone.
7. After the Jailbreak utility has been downloaded, go to the folder and extract the files.
8. Locate the 3.0 firmware update that you downloaded from step 6 and install it.
9. You will need to attach your iPhone to the computer. Make sure it is turned off.
10. You should see the option to install Cydia. Click the Next option to continue.
11. Follow the instructions found on the screen. You will need to put the iPhone on DFU mode, you will need to press and hold the button for 2 seconds. While holding this button down also press and hold the home button for about 30 seconds.
12. The iPhone should reboot on its own if it was done correctly. The actual process for enabling or jailbreaking your iPhone will take about 20 minutes. It will automatically start on its own.
13. You should receive a message that the process was completed.
14. The Finish button should be clicked.
15. You will need to restart your iPhone. This process may take about 5 minutes.
16. Your iPhone should now be unlocked.
Another Alternative Way To Jailbreak The iPhone 4 4.2.1 In Just A Few Minutes.
The process described above will work, but there is another way to enable this feature that may save you a few minutes. In case you run into any problems, there is also a support team that can provide you with any assistance.
Why don’t you find out for yourself how this application can open all these benefits? Visit: Jailbreak iPhone 4 4.2.1
So, when you jailbreak your iPhone, you will be able to use alternative software, customize you main menu and choose a different GSM carrier. To enable these features just follow the instructions detailed above.
How long have you been waiting to do this? Visit: Jailbreak iPhone 4 4.2.1