When you find out about the possibilities the Jailbreak iPhone 4 4.2.1 utility can provide for you, you may wonder why you didn’t enable this powerful feature earlier.
For those not familiar with this process, it’s nothing more than having the ability to use other applications that are not fully backed by Apple. This article will talk about the potential risks, legal issues and how you can enable this feature on your phone.
The iPhone by default is locked. What this means is that you can only use applications that are downloaded from the iPhone store. Also, depending on the area that you live in, you are also probably only able to use a specific carrier with your device.
When developers develop a product, they usually leave a way so that they can unlock the device to test certain things. They have access to some powerful features, mainly for testing purposes. When you get an iPhone these features are locked for various reasons. When you jailbreak an iPhone, you simply turn on these powerful features which will allow you to run some pretty nifty applications that are not usually found on the Apple online store.
What are the potential risks?
Once you jailbreak your iPhone, you should always check the version that makers of the software had tested. If Apple releases an update that has not been tested by the makers of the Jailbreaking application, you may lose the powerful features that were enabled. The other problem that can happen is that your iPhone can become bricked which leaves you with a non-functioning device. The important thing to note is to carefully follow the instructions against the latest firmware that has been tested.
Is Jailbreaking allowed?
The truth is that Apple doesn’t agree with this process and believes that indeed it is illegal. But in 2010, it was ruled that the process for unlocking the iPhone was in fact legal especially if done for purposes of encouraging the application to work with other independent software dealers.
Properly performing a Jailbreak on your iPhone and PC
To prevent any problems from happening, you need to follow the steps outlined below.
1. Check the firmware 3.0 version installed on your computer and make sure the most recent version of ITunes is installed.
2. If you don’t have the latest firmware, download the firmware from iPhone and download the latest Jailbreak application that has officially been released. Make sure to save the downloads in a new folder on your desktop.
3. Extract the Jailbreak application files and run the application.
4. Select the Browse option and choose the 3.0 firmware that was retrieved from Apple. Click the Next option.
5. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
6. You need to check that the iPhone is properly plugged in before selecting the Next option.
7. You need to put your iPhone in DFU mode.
- Press and hold the power button for 2 seconds.
- Continue to hold the button and simultaneously press the home button for 10 seconds.
- Continue to hold the home button and then let go of the power button. Keep your finger on the button for 30 seconds.
8. The iPhone should reboot on its own assuming that everything was done properly.
9. You will receive confirmation when the process was completed successfully.
10. Selecting the Finish button will reboot the device one more time.
A Jailbreak iPhone 4 4.2.1 Utility That Will Quickly Enable This Powerful Option
The most important thing to do when enabling this feature is following the instructions. This is the piece of the puzzle that allows you to run virtually any application on your iPhone.
Why don’t you find out for yourself how to customize your iPhone? Visit: Jailbreak iPhone 4 4.2.1
Just remember that there are risks, but to reduce the risk always make sure to follow the installation instructions of the application. This process is legal so you do not have to worry about breaking any laws.
How badly do you want to switch this feature on? Visit: Jailbreak iPhone 4 4.2.1